Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Khan Academy and Vi Hart

Hello, my name is Edie. This is my blog. Today I am going to talk about my Khan Academy inspirations.

First of all, Vi Hart is a musician and a math specialist. She was so inspiring that she got a chance to have her own topic on Khan Academy topic for math. If you don't know what Khan Academy is, go check it out.

Today I got really inspired by Vi Hart. I knew we didn't have a lot in common, but I felt that she really showed me what math was. It was almost like I could actually picture the math world. I noticed that math was more that just adding, subtracting, and dividing. It is speed, it is height, it is everything.

Right now I want you to look around. Try to spot things that you can do math with. Oh, that chair is 4 ft tall, oh, that toy has 30% gravitational force pulling it down! There are so many ways you can interact with math, so go out there and get inspired!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.